Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
Alberta is one of the most chosen provinces by migrants to Canada. It is also one of the most populous
and growing economies in the maple country. With two of Canada's largest cities, Calgary and
Edmonton, Alberta also takes pride in its natural beauty and is home to famous national parks such as
Banff and Jasper.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is Alberta's Provincial Nominee Program which scans
and selects prospective immigrants with desirable set of skills and work experience as required by the
province. The chosen ones get the an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate.
The AINP consists of the following immigration streams:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Eligibility Requirements of the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program
- Must have a job offer letter for full-time and/or permanent employment from an Alberta employer.
- Must possess the basic work experience as required by the employer to qualify for immigration nomination.
- Must get minimum scores necessary in IELTS or CLB examination to qualify for nomination.
- All applicants need to demonstrate their intention of living and working in Alberta.
- Must possess a legitimate work permit and also have other associated documents.
- Each applicant must identify their occupation as per the NOC categories _ O, A and B.
- Applicants must furnish documents validating their legal residence in their home country.
- Applicants need to attain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) confirmation letter.
Documents Required by Alberta Immigration for Confirmation
Several documents are to be furnished by applicants in support of their immigration bid to Alberta. The
documents depend on the specific stream through which the candidate is applying. Also, certain
documents may need to be submitted by the employer of the candidate. The following is a list of
documents required of skilled worker candidates before selection and entry into Alberta:
- All hiring Alberta employers as well as immigrating candidates will need to submit the
Employer-Driven Application for a Skilled Occupation (AINP 005).
- Candidates will have to submit form (AINP 003) Employer-Driven Application for Nomination
- CIC forms
- CIC Work permit
- Valid passport and travelling documents
- Educational certificates (degree, diploma, and certificates)
- Work Related Reference Letters
- Language proficiency (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL etc.)
- Civil identity proof (age, name, date of birth must be mentioned)
Alberta Provincial Nominee Program Express Entry Process 2020
Once the mentioned formalities are met with, the prospective immigrant will receive an immigration
nomination which add upto 600 CRS points to their profile. This invariably increases the chance of being
selected in the Express Entry draws. Take note that the candidate must first need to create a profile and
provide all the required information in order to complete it. The general guide to the Express Entry
process, is given below:
- Create an Express Entry Profile Online in which you must provide certain information about
yourself such as age, employment history, educational qualification, marital status, siblings/close
relatives in Canada (if any) etc.
- Get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to verify your educational qualifications. This is
mandatory for both the Express Entry program and Alberta Immigration Nominee Program.
- Obtain IELTS exam scores to quaify the minimum requirements of the Express Entry program. If
English is your first language, then you must obtain a basic score of 7 CLB across the different segments
of the IELTS exam i.e. reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- If French is the primary language, then take the TEF examination to qualify. Please visit the CIC
website to know minimum qualification requirements for primacy in French for Express Entry.
NOTE: Proficiency in one language is sufficient to qualify, extra points are awarded to candidates
showcasing a proficiency in both languages. Learn French to boost CRS score.
- Once the profile is created and submitted online along with relevant documentation, the
immigration authority IRCC makes a thorough assessment of the profile and thereafter assign a certain
CRS score to it. This score is the of prime importance in consideration of the immigration chances to
Canada. So, try maximize this score and use all possible score boosters.
- Provided your CRS score, your profile will be ranked in the Express Entry candidate pool. If
several have high ranks in that pool, few may miss out of the Invitation to Apply(ITA). We can provide you
sound advice on increasing the score.
- With a provincial nomination, the chances of qualification increases manifold.
Working in Canada is getting easier every year due to the growing number of vacancies in the workforce.
Greenlight can help you to get the best possible CRS score against your profile making it stand out from
the numerous profiles in the Express entry pool. Contact us today.