Kochi  : +91 4844862577

Kochi  : +91 4844862577

Caregiver Visa to Canada

Live-in caregivers, who are qualified to provide care for children, the elderly or people with disabilities in private homes without supervision, must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) in Canada. These requirements include:

1. A Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) From an Employer in Canada

Before an employer can hire a caregiver he or she must:

  • Apply to Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada (ESDC/SC) to have his or her suggested job offer reviewed; and
  • Receive a positive Labour Market Assessment (LMIA) from the ESDC/SC

The ESDC/SC will assess the employers job offer and the employment contract to be sure that it meets certain requirements. This includes an assessment of wages, working conditions, provincial labour and employment standards. The assessment must prove that there are not enough Canadians or permanent residents currently available to work as live-in caregivers in Canada. If the ESDC/SC finds the job offer acceptable, they will issue a positive LMIA to the employer.

2. A Written Contract From the Future Employer, Signed by the Employee and the Employer

The employee and the employer are both legally required to sign a written employment contract. The employee must submit the signed contract with a work permit application, which is the same employment contract submitted to the ESDC/SC by the employer. The only time they can be different is if there is a good reason, for example, a new start date.

3. A Successful Completion of the Equivalent of a Canadian Secondary School Education

The employee (caregiver) must have successfully completed the equivalence of Canadian High School education (secondary school). Because of the vast difference in schooling systems across Canada, it is not possible to give a precise number of years needed. However, in most provinces in Canada, it takes twelve years of schooling to obtain a Canadian high school diploma. The immigration officer assessing your application will let you know what is needed.

4. Work Experience as a Caregiver visa or Role in a Related Field or Occupation

You are required to have at least six months training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or role in a related field or occupation. Six months of your work experience must be continuous employment with one employer. This experience must also have been acquired within the three years before the day on which the caregiver makes an application for the work permit as a caregiver.

5. Good Knowledge of the English or French Language

The caregiver must be able to speak, read and understand either English or French so that they can function on their own in the employers' home. For example, the caregiver must be able to call emergency services if they are needed and understand labels on medications, because the caregiver will be unsupervised for most of the day.

6. Get a Work Permit Before You Enter Canada

To get a live-in caregiver visa, you must make an application for an initial live-in caregiver work permit at a visa office outside of Canada. If the application is successful, you will receive a letter of introduction from the Canadian visa office responsible for the area in which you live. You will need to present this letter to the Border Services Officer upon arrival in Canada in order to obtain your work permit.

Are You Ready To Work as a Caregiver In Canada?

Call Greenlight today if you are ready to work as a caregiver. To avoid hassles and to ensure that you provide all the requirements on time, you need the help of an experienced and skilled lawyer who specializes in Canadian immigration law. Fill out the form our experienced professionals will call you to begin your Canadian visa application process.

Talk to

Book a consultation today and
get your Canada Visa.
Providing Specialist Migration Advice and Assistance

Free Immigration Evaluation

Work Permits Available

Our Office Locations and Address



Greenlight Immigration Services,
5E,5th Floor, Oxford Business Centre,
Sreekandath Road, Ravipuram,
Pin: 682015 Kochi, Kerala

+91 4844862577

Greenlight Emailinfo@glmigration.com

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact us
© 2024 Greenlight. All Rights Reserved

Designed and Developed by Websoul Techserve